Posted by: K | 2012-11-27

petrified of ants

Everytime I see ants I run away.

That must be one of the shortest messages I've ever received on this forum ! But it makes good sense.
While most of us really dont like seeing or meeting insects, what you are describing is a phobia, an excessive fear of something ( I've worked with people with an extreme fear of feathers, for instance ) - my point being the fear is excessive, causes you great distress, and is not rational / reasonable. You don't have a phobia of large wild tigers in the room - you'd be an idiot NOT to be frightened on encountering one of them. Phobias are where the degree of fear significantly impacts on you and limits your freedom to enjoy life, and is out of all proportion to actual risk or danger.
Fortunately, it generally responds really well to proper psych treatment, with CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) to help you gain control of and to vanquish the fears, and usually also the use of drugs also used to treat depression. See a good local psychiarist for a thorough assessment and a discussion of your treatment options, and you should be feeling much better before long.
Sorry my response couldn't be as economical as your question !

Posted by: B | 2012-11-28

Once I had a severe ant infestation in my house. Even the clothes cupboards were ridden with ants! I was forced to become accustomed to them somewhat. The exterminators did a good job by spraying the whole house. What a relief!

Reply to B
Posted by: MIA | 2012-11-28

I am also scared of ants and I also have an intense fear of getting hair lice - GROSS

Reply to MIA
Posted by: Kelly | 2012-11-28

ANTS! Is that a joke?
Well I''m petrified of spiders, snakes and most of all ROACHES!
They totally freak me out! Its weird considering my siblings have snakes and those huge-|-spiders as pets. I can look at them from far but roaches on the other hand, I do not want to see them at all!

Reply to Kelly