Question
Posted by: sick& tired | 2010/04/08

Petogen

I was on the pill for 2yrs n then decided to go on the 3month injection petogen. went to sister at clinic in pharmacy &  she told me my period would stop altogether.to my horror the exact oposite has happened. first month on petogen i had my period for 23days.then had a 5day break and then 3wks of menstruation again.went bak to clinic & put bak on the pill-then a wk clear and 2wks with period once again-stil continuing & worst part im stil on white tablet &  hasnt made a dif.ths is a nightmare-iv been a mess 4 3months.shud i go c a gynae or other clinic? help im desperate &  dnt no wot to do.

Some women do react this way to the injection. It is in your system for 3 months, so these effects can go on for that time. If you have decided not to continue with the injection, then carry on with the Pill and you may have to just wait it out till things resolve.

4
Posted by: Lesego | 2010/05/26

I went to Joburg clinic yesterday (25/05/10) for my injection Nur-Istrate and only to find that they were finished. I was given a three month one which is Petogen.I have been using Nur-Istrate ever since. Am I not going to experience any problems with this injection.Why state clinics have to run out of these contraceptives?

Reply to Lesego
Posted by: Jenet | 2010/05/26

I am on medication - Eltroxin, how will the injection Petogen or DepoProvera have a influence if I start with either of these injections, while i''m on Eltroxin for my under active theroid?

Reply to Jenet
Posted by: JENET | 2010/05/26

MY DAUGHTER IS ON PETOGEN, AND IT WORKS JUST FINE, ALTHOUGH SHE WAIGHT LOSS SINCE SHE IS ON PETOGEN.
WILL I ALSO LOOS WAIGHT ON THIS INJECTION, OR IS SHE ONLY JUST LUCKY?

Reply to JENET