Posted by: Maggz | 2008-12-17

Pet relocation

My kitten is about to turn 1 in January and we have had her since April this year. My husband and i decided earlier in the year to go and live and work on the UK for the next two to three years. Please could you tell me what the procedure is if we would like to take our kitten with us? We have been told that they could quarantine our cat. If we decide to take our cat with and they quarantine her, do yo have any idea how the area where they are quarantined is? I keep imaging small and dirty spaces and would not like for my cat to be depressed for however long the quarantine is. Any information on this matter would be really appreciated.

Dear Maggz

Quarintine is for 6 mon ths in the UK. You can choose a kennel close to you and visits are allowed. Call Keringa in Johannesburg and get some more detail from them.