Question
Posted by: Theresa | 2011-01-21

Personality Disorder

I am married to a man who lies a lot about not only big things but mundane things as well. He is very manipulative, deceptive, selfish at times abusive, angers easily and insecure. When confronted with an issue, he would avoid it by sidestepping the issue and turning it into a whole new subject, or he would blame me for his behaviour and make himself out to be the victim. I would like to know whether or not these symptoms are part of some personality disorder?

A diagnosis isn't what is needed a this stage - rather try to persuade him to join you in marriage counselling to try to sort out these difficulties.

4

Posted by: Careful | 2011-01-21

Excuse me Rico but according to the Holy writ even the Arch Angel Michael when confronted with satan dare NOT lay an accusation against him but said " The Lord Rebuke You"  Theres a great lesson there my friend, seeing as the Arch Angel Michael threw satan out of heaven, just be careful how you toss satan around, even the word.

Theresa, only you can answer the question you posted no one on the internet knows your husband or lives with him, sometimes counsel is not the answer if you have these opinons and beliefs about him you need to find the answer yourself, if you asked the question you can find the answer. Certainly if he hurts you and you suffer from his behaviour then maybe you need time apart?

Reply to Careful
Posted by: anon | 2011-01-21

just sounds like your hubby is an arsehole............
a compulsive liar .........
you should probably think of getting out of this relationship especially because hes abusive

Reply to anon
Posted by: rico | 2011-01-21

you sure you not married to Satan?

Reply to rico