Question
Posted by: Adrian | 2009/11/15

Personality change of our gentle cat..

Hi there.
Please help.We have a lovely hand reared kittem/cat of 20months.(name is Thomas) He is spoilt.Now, we rescued a week old kitty ,also hand rearing it but our Thomas is turning out to be a terror with never before seen growling at my wife and not intrested in the rescue project. When walking past him he will hiss at her which never was displayed before. He seems to be fine with me. What do we do ??

Dear Adrian

You need both the Feliway diffuser and Feliway spray. You also get a collar that is impregnated with pheromone that may help.

3
Posted by: Adrian | 2009/11/20

Dear Cybervet and Carol
Thank you for the responses. Thomas is neutered. He seems to be making peace with Milo and has shown a bit of interest. My wife can pick him (Thomas) up for a short period of time without any scratching or biting. Thought he would identify with Milo as he was in the same boat.

Reply to Adrian
Posted by: carol | 2009/11/16

No cat that I know will accept a strange kitty overnight , Thomas is miffed, his nose is out of joint and he needs his ego soothed for a while . He will come round but these things take time.

Is he neutered ? if he isnt that would also explain his behaviour on top of having a new kitty in the house.

Reply to carol
Posted by: Cybervet | 2009/11/15

Dear Adrian

Reply to Cybervet