Question
Posted by: How long? | 2010-09-29

Personality change in divorce

Hi there, since my partner became aware of the fact that I want a divorce there was a 180 degrees personality change, I don''t this person living in my house! We''re going for counseling and receive feedback from the counselor, but my question is.. " For how long will this change last?"  Is it possible for a person to change soooo much within a few days times? Thank you.

Personalities don't change that quickly or easily ( life would be much simpler if they did ) - BEHAVIOUR changes, especially in situations like this - but it is the very same personality driving that behaviour.
Discuss this with him in the counsellin sessions - behaviour that changed so quickly to become unpleasant, can change back. But you haven't explained why you decided so firmly that you want a divorce, and it sounds as though this may have been a shock for him. He sounds hurt and puzzled, and that is understandable. You don't sound at all sympathetic

4
Posted by: A Woman | 2010-09-29

They do it........These men are so sly.........Treat you like sh*t when they have you, the minute it''s divorce than they cry like babies, change and be the sweetest...........But it won''t be for long. As soon as you call off the divorce, he''ll be back to norm!!!!!!!

Reply to A Woman
Posted by: Bozo | 2010-09-29

Did he change for the better or for the worse. ? Give more information.

Reply to Bozo
Posted by: ALLY | 2010-09-29

Yes I think it''s quite understandable that your partner''s personality has changed. Put yourself in his shoes. How would you be feeling if it was him that wanted the divorce? He''s obviously hurting a great deal. Be patient and tolerant after all it sounds like it''s not something he wants.

Reply to ALLY