Question
Posted by: M | 2010/02/01

Personality Change

CS. I have a very long story that is just not gonna fit in this space. My question is: How do you determine if a personality disorder exists in a person? If someone who is loving &  kind 95% of the time, with some anger, that is normal isnt it? But then after 10 years they all of a sudden behave in way that just doesn' t make sense. Then they are angry and aggressive 95% of the time? Can an attempted hi-jacking cause something like this? Then this carries on for 2-3 years, and now it is back to being loving most of the time. Problem is, there is no trust left on my side, I am scared of the same behaviour returning. Is it a personality disorder, or a normal reaction to undealt with emotion? Or did my behaviour warrant this? Or is it simplifying it to much?

The only way to get a good estimate of whetwer someone has a specific Personality Disorder ( rather than just being a rather crummy sort of person in general ) is for them to see a good specialist shrink, a psychologist probably best, for a full-scale assessment and diagnosis.
CHANGE in personality is usually related to illness or similar problems - indeed, if there is just a conistent lifelong Personality Disorder, it can be very difficult to produce desirable change in it, even with full cooperation of the person and a skilled therapist.
Psychological Trauma can well cause PTSD, which can lead to increased irritability and aggression, as can Depression. And without treatment, these are usually or recuirent chronic conditions. I don't see why your behaviour would have caused what you describe - and as presumably your behaviour remained much the same during the period that His behaviour worsened and then improved, this would confirm your non-impact on that situation

2
Posted by: jj | 2010/02/02

daar is nie pille vir alles in die wereld nie!!!!!gee hom n snot klap laat hy kan bykom!!!!!

Reply to jj