Question
Posted by: john | 2011/09/09

personality

If you have no family or friends and you are faced with fear of getting old alone it makes you hang on to what you have regardless of consequences. This in itself can be a problem. I have tried therapists - it did not help

Maybe the wrong sort of therapists ? Being old alone isn't automatically awful, nor is it inevitable. But you'd need a practical, CBT type therapist, rather than one of those airy-fairy lie down and tell me about your childhood types !

4
Posted by: Obsever | 2011/09/10

Have you tried cognative behavoiural therapy?

Reply to Obsever

Posted by: Regular | 2011/09/09

Well you can only look on the good side, at least you are wealthy.
Money cannot buy happiness but at least provides a more comfortable state of misery.

Reply to Regular
Posted by: Pulling my hair out!!!!!!!! | 2011/09/09

Well if u are prepared to hang on to the situation regardless of the consequences and therapy does not work - l wonder what comments you expect.
Only you can help yourself, we can only observe as we have been doing for many years...........

Reply to Pulling my hair out!!!!!!!!