Question
Posted by: john | 2011/09/08

personality

Doc, I have posted many times over many years on this site. I am dating this 52 year old lady. Somehow I know it is about money but I am fearful to let go mainly for emotional reasons. My businesses consume all my time and I cannot social with friends and family as much she does - thus her reason zero personality.
You have told me many times to let go - maybe it be the best.

As far as I can recall the many previous discussions, letting go seems to have been consistently the best option. Certainly you shouldn't assume that she is absolutely the sole possibility for you to find a sustaining and satisfying relationship. That can't be true. And if I recall accurately, she was exploiting you in manners that ought to have been stopped.
I do try to have the patience of a saint, but the saint is on long leave, lately.
See a psychotherapist to find out how to live free and without being exploited. And therapy itself would be a far cheaper and far more wholesome and fruitful relationship that could help you ultimately find a proper relationship of your own. Let the gold digger dig elsewhere

3

Posted by: Regular | 2011/09/08

Everyone has a personality - what you lack is life / work balance.
Councelling would surely help with this. And also with dumping a gold digger which u have no intentions of marrying!

Reply to Regular
Posted by: Pulling my hair out............ | 2011/09/08

CS has the pateince of a saint but it is exasperating for the rest of us that you do not follow his advice and get out of this toxic relationship.
Your emotional dependancy on this woman could be explored with therapy - why not see a therapist to assist. So many people would be grateful to be ABLE TO afford the therapy which can only help you.

How many more years are u going to post about this problem without actually doing anything about it?????

Reply to Pulling my hair out............