Question
Posted by: burning mouth | 2008/08/16

persistent side effects of medication

i' m a 56 year old woman. i was prescribed arcoxia for back pain and after 3 days of taking it, i experienced dry, chapped lips and a burning palate. i stopped the course right away, but 3 months later i still have these symptoms: painful palate and chapped lips and it feels as if i' ve scalded my mouth.

have been trying all kinds of remedies to fix it, but it persists even though i have not taken the arcoxia (125mg) for more than 3 months.

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

You should consult a GP for a full examination, as well as a swab of your mouth. This will be send away for analysis, in order to rule out infection. I sincerely doubt that the medication is the cause for your symptoms.

Kind regards