Posted by: Jan | 2009-01-12

Persistent Nausea

Hi, I have had persistent nausea and discomfort just below the rib cage centre for approximately a month. Other varying symtoms which have come and go have been a metallic taste and dry mouth, lethargy, muscular discomfort, especially in the legs and arms, chest pains (that seem to move direction), heartburn, a raised pulse rate and a feeling of being off balance.
My liver function, heart, blood gasses, urine, and sugar levels have been checked, and are all clear, yet the nausea remains. I am a 38 year old female (definitely not pregnant).
Do you have any clue what could be causing this?

Dear Jan
You may have a peptic ulcer or gastritis ( inflammation of the stomach lining) or gall reflux into the stomach. You may need to have a gastroscopy and they should check your ears to exclude possible vertigo causes like middle ear infection.