Posted by: Racoon | 2012-07-23

Persistant sore throat and tongue after sinu-bronchitis

Dear Doc

three weeks ago I had a cold, which a week or so later led to sinu-bronchitis for which I had a 5 day course of anitbiotics plus 7 days of Pulmicort. I finished the Pulmicort about 6 days ago, but still have a sore throat. Infact, I developed small red spots on my soft palate (about 5 mm diameter) which spread to my tongue, the spots of my palate are gone, but my whole tongue has the spots and is sore, sensitive to acid and alcohol (ie wine). It is not geographic tongue as there is no desquamation. Also petechiae inside my cheeks (none on hard palate). My throat is still sore, and still coughing. Nose now blocked again, and also pnd. I feel awful, but no fever. What could be up? I''m planning to go back to my GP on Wed if it doesn''t clear.

It is possible that you have a bacterial infection, affecting your throat, which is causing the changes in your mouth. You will have to consult your doctor for blood tests and a throat swab, to determine the exact cause.