Posted by: Tim | 2012-07-18

persistant sore throat

Hi Doc. I have been experiencing persistant and iritating sore throat for the last 7 months, i don''t have pains when I swallow and i get relive from lozenges. is that a sign of being HIV+?

Kindly advice

Chronic infection can be a sign of HIV infection. You will have to consult your doctor for an examination and blood tests, to determine the cause for your chronic symptoms. It is also possible that you are experiencing gastric reflux disease, where stomach contents, which have a very low pH, irritates the oesophagus and throat.

Posted by: Anon | 2012-07-18

If there is a possibility that you could be infected with HIV go and be tested. Stop spreading this disease by not knowing your status.