Posted by: Bee | 2009-10-09

Pernesias Anemia

Hi Doc, I was diagnosed with (not sure of the spelling) Pernesias Anemia. Is it a serioius matter and how do I deal with it.

Hallo Bee
In your stomach a certain protein is made that binds with Vit B12 and helps the body to absorb the vitamin. If you do not have this protein ( called intrinsic factor) your body does not absorb vir B12 and this leads to anemia, as your body needs vit B12 to make red blood cells. It is often caused by damage to the stomach lining. See
Treatment is monthly vit B12 injections.

Posted by: BEE | 2009-10-14

Doc what will happen if I do not take the B12 injection regulary. Will it affect my health. WHat is the difference between taking a B12 injection and taking a vit B12 tablet.

Reply to BEE