Posted by: CONFUSED | 2009-09-17

Permanent Eyeliner

Hi doc, I' m considering permanent eyeliner, but I' m scared, i' ve got a problem with very oily skin, and I don' t actually wear make-up, it was just a " in the spirit of the moment"  decision. I had a tentative appointment, but now it has been " cancelled"  due to the lack of communication between the salon ladies. Is it safe or should I go with my gutt feeling and not do it??
Please help

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Confused, thank you for the question.

I am a firm believer I listening to one’s ‘gut feeling’ however it can be difficult to differentiate between our emotions that can run away with us and that inner voice.

If you are unsure then do not decide straight away. A possible ‘safer’ approach would be to ask the salon if you could contact some of their previous clients and ask them about the experience and were they happy with the end results. Furthermore, you could sit in on one of the treatments to find out the discomfort experienced, immediate side effects (such as swelling), and from there one can decide with a better overall understanding of the entire procedure.