Question
Posted by: C.S. | 2009/11/01

Permanent Disability

Please can u tell me how does permanent Disability work. My doctor has booked me off from work due to a serious back injury.However his last report states that I am still unable to return to work,due to my back problem. Does this mean that I am still eligible to go and work ?and how if I am unable to drive,walk far or even sit.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: PERMANENT DISABILITY

Permanent disability is an application for "boarding". The doctor must give you a certificate stating that you will be permanetly disabled. This would have to be tested by the pension or provident fund in order to help you access their funding. If you are not on a pension or provident fund then the only claim you would have is in terms of the workmens compensation.

1
Posted by: labour lawyer | 2009/11/05

RE: PERMANENT DISABILITY

Reply to labour lawyer