Posted by: Desperate | 2009-01-30

Perm Offer Forgotten

Hi again. I read your response. I have been sifting through my mails. There is a mail from the gentle man who made the offer. I am also trying to get messages from the employment agency who placed me here. He said there are a numbe of mails. If i can get those mails. will that be the proof i need? There was never a written official offer, only discussions which were on email.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

If you can prove that you were made a permanent offer and if so then you can refer the matter to the CCMA.

Posted by: **** | 2009-02-06

I stand under correction when I say this but I read somewhere that if you' ve been at a company for over a year you would " automatically"  become permanent - I worked at an audit firm where they didn' t have employment contracts and did some research, if you were on a contract and it expired and then they gave you a day off and started a new contract it' s a different story. I think you are deemed to be needed by the company if you are there for a year becasue a temp position would not be needed for a year... If that makes sense? If I were you i' d look for another job while you' re working there anyway because I wouldn' t want to work for a company that treats me badly...

Reply to ****