Question
Posted by: LizRed | 2009-07-06

Periods while on contraseptive pill

I have been on the pill for approx 6 months. I must admit that I have been skipping my period for the last 4 months (never drinking the inactive pills), I do this due to the heavy periods I have. My period started while drinking the active pills. I never skipped a pill and drink them every day same time to the minute. Is this normal that I got my period while drinking the active pills? Do I have to change the type of pill I am drinking?

Please help?

If you skip the inactive pills frequently, this sort of breakthrough bleeding can happen. Take the full packet for the next few months.