Posted by: foxy | 2009-01-10

periods that have gone mad

Hi there i had my daughter 2 and a half years ago and since then my period has gone completely mad! It lasts about 12 to 13 days and by about day 9 it is like a flood. Not sure what is going on. I am not on any contraception at all. Also the other day i went for an ultrasound and all of a sudden my right ovary is not there. Was def there before my caesar is it possible they took it out by mistake when they did the caesar. Also could this be the reason why my periods are so hectic?
What should I do?

Dear Foxy

Thank you for visiting

I strongly recommend that you consult the doctor that did your caesarian and that your hormone levels are tested, as well as your thyroid levels and your blood glucose levels. Ask him to explain the mistery of your one ovary.

Posted by: Becky | 2009-01-11

If you went for an ultrasound, i assume your Gynae performed the scan, and he should have been able to give you more information with regards to the location of your ovaries. I dont think that it is possible for them to remove something like your ovaries and not tell you about it. YOu really need to go and see a gynae so that they can have a look and advise you what is what

Reply to Becky