Question
Posted by: Jen | 2011/12/01

PERIODS FOR NEARLY 3 MONTHS

I am 48 years old and premenopausal. I have never had children. My periods have been irregular these last two years. Last year a period lasted nearly 2 months. The gynae said I had thickening of the uterus and put me on Cylokapron and it stopped and I had normal periods again for over a year. My latest period started about 3 months ago and has not stopped. In that time I''ve been overseas for 3 weeks and have been through some serious emotional stress. The doctor prescribed the same medication, but it is not helping. I am not on a medical aid so I cannot afford specialist fees, etc. Help!

Any abnormal bleeding at this age needs investigation. You should have a pap smear and endometrial sampling such as a D&C.

1