Question
Posted by: Meg | 2010/06/09

Periods confusing me.

Hi Doc.

Please advise me, I am now really confused.
I have been off the pill for almost 3 months now. Had a breakthrough bleed exactly two days later. My first period was normal after the pill. Last month I started spotting on the 11/05 but then no bleeding until the 14/05. This month, I have had no signs of my period, no bloating, no cramps and no sore boobs. I started spotting on Saturday 05/06, but it only showed when I wiped, sometimes there was not even a show at all. Seen that we have decided to have a baby, I thought it could possibly be a implantation bleed. It had go on up to last night, and in fact I had no show at all yesterday afternoon. However during last night, I woke up with cramps, went to the loo and noticed I have started my period full on.It seems the spotting starts +/- 24 days into my cycle and the bleeding +/- day 28.
I know that it could be my body still adjusting to been off the pill.

What my question is, how do I know when my actual cycle starts, is it the day I start spotting or when I bleed?

Thank you for your help.

It is probably yur body adjusting to being off the Pill. Count the start of your period from the first day of proper bleeding.

1