Question
Posted by: Mona | 2010/09/16

periods and sex

I am going away for the weekend tomorrow and I wanna hve sex with my boyfriend, but Im in the 3rd day of a 5 day period.
Is there anything I can do to stop it? Gynaedoc seems to be on vacation

Dear Mona

You have not mentioned whether you are using any form of contraception. If you are using the pill you can start taking the 'active tablets' however this may still take a few days to stop your mentruation. You mention you are on the 3rd day of your period which usually lasts 5 days, is your flow not quite reduced at this stage? Remember always to practice safe sex, use a condom.

12
Posted by: lovebite | 2010/10/08

is there no home remedies you can use to stop your periods?

Reply to lovebite
Posted by: Jamila | 2010/09/20

Mu hubby always have sex when I am in period using plastic sheet on bed. I dont mind, but enjoy.

Reply to Jamila
Posted by: C | 2010/09/17

Also dont think its dangerous during your period........ if its third day then flow should be reduced - I often do from 3rd day on, but then again i do not have heavy flow at all. I have changed around with the pill and its stuffed up cycle for months after.

Reply to C
Posted by: Boz | 2010/09/17

I had sex with my Gfriend last week she was on Her periods and I had fun, no STD''s nothing.

Reply to Boz
Posted by: Vidic | 2010/09/17

Simone sex during periods is not dangerous, the use of condom is required though.

Reply to Vidic
Posted by: simone | 2010/09/17

Hi Woman.Actually i read about it in a Sexual Health book.It was well explained that during that time the body becomes very sensitive to small bacteries.

Reply to simone
Posted by: a woman | 2010/09/17

Simone, where do you get the idea that sex during your period is dangerous? what nonsense, many women have sex during their periods including me, there is no danger at all apart from possibly pregnant.

Reply to a woman
Posted by: dlisa | 2010/09/16

Whats the rush, yima kuqale kuphele igazi, ungayokungcolisa ibhedi yomnye umntwana............makuye enye i-cherie this weekend, wena yiya kule weekend izayo, and is gona be long weekend, so uzakuyifumana yonke.......

Reply to dlisa
Posted by: lady #1 | 2010/09/16

im not sure if this is the main use of the tablet, but i find that when i take a 500ml tab of SYNFLEX, it lessens and actually STOPS my period almost immediately. it might just be for me, and have a different affect on u, but perhaps u can try it. go to the chemist and say that u are having a really bad period in terms of cramps and pain. its an anti-inflamatory, so it will reduce (or hop[efully stop) ur flow cos its quite strong. if they only have 200ml tabs, take 2. it has no side effects and doesnt put u to sleep at all. i take it when i wanna go out and club, and it makes ANY ladies " first day hell"  a total bliss! hope this helps :)

Reply to lady #1
Posted by: Woman | 2010/09/16

Please don''t bugger around with your cycle. If you stop it or try to change the days, you are messing with your hormones and this can cause problems with your pregnancies or even ovarian cysts later in your life. This is what happened to me. And I only did it once.

There is absolutely no health risk involved in having sex during your period. In fact, it relieves the cramping to have an orgasm. However, your boyfriend might have a problem with seeing blood on his penis. If he''s ok with having sex, make sure you put a dark towel under you. Best thing is to warn him about it and then just enjoy it. Have fun!

Reply to Woman
Posted by: simone | 2010/09/16

You can''t stop it.And sex while you are haveing a perido is dangerous.

Reply to simone
Posted by: Sexologist | 2010/09/16

Dear Mona

Reply to Sexologist