Question
Posted by: Syl | 2009/12/02

Periods after pregnancy

Dear Doc

I gave birth early January this year, and breastfed my baby for 6 months (until early July). I had my first period on 25 October, but have not had another one since.

I am not on the pill, and know that I cannot be pregnant as intercourse has been basically non existent due to a very low libido.

My periods prior to falling pregnant were quite irregular. I have 1 ovary due to the other ovary being removed about 2 years ago as it (and my one tube) was damanged due to a cyst.

Should I be concerned?

Many thanks

If your periods were irregular before, it may be that the same problem is there now. However, it can take a few months for periods to stabilise after stopping breast feeding.

1