Question
Posted by: nicky | 2009/04/15

PERIODS AFTER BIRTH

I had normal birth and breast fed till my baby was 3 1/2 months old. I breast feed him only at night now. I started spotting last week and it turned into a light colour red and it wasnt a lot. I am still bleeding. Is this normal? When do I panc and go to the doctor. I am not in pain at the moment.

It is normal. Give it a few weeks.

3
Posted by: Lady | 2009/04/15

It does sound normal. I have a friend who gave birth same time as me and was on the pill since after birth but got her periods only when she stopped the pill and it went on for more than a month!
If it goes beyond 2 weeks maybe just consult with your gp or gynea!

Reply to Lady
Posted by: nicky | 2009/04/15

Yes I have had 1 nur-isterate injection so far. Is the lenght of time ok though. Its been going for a week already.

Reply to nicky
Posted by: Lady | 2009/04/15

There' s no need to panic! My periods came back 6 weeks after birth ( also had natural &  exclusively breastfed until 4 months). They have been regular since the 6 week mark. Yours are probably coming back as well. My lb is 8 months now &  i am still breastfeeding &  they are still regular.
Are you on any contraception?
Good luck.

Reply to Lady