Question
Posted by: louise | 2008/09/22

periods after abortion

i had a surgical abortion done on the 18 of this month, i did not bleed that much that day, and i was spottig for 3days, now i started my period, i have crapms and the blood on the pad is not that much but i have clots coming out but not that much, my question is should i be having periods few days after the procedure, cause i thought i will have my normal periods after 4 or 8 weeks after.

Dear Louise
This could be a breakthrough bleed - if you have pain/fever or the bleeding volume increases please see your doctor. Excessive hemorrhage during or after abortion may signify serious side effects.