Question
Posted by: Dolla | 2012-02-17

Periods after 10 years

Hi doctor. I am 55 years old and has suddenly started menstruating again. I never had children nor a hysterectomy. I am divorced and have lived for at least 7 years silbaat. 10 years ago I stoped menustrating. Then suddenly two years ago I got a normal 5day period. The next year same thing happend. (one period a year) I visited the gynecologist who confirmed all is well. January 2012 and again today, exactly 28 days later i am having a period again. What''s up? I thought I was in menopause, I sweat a lot in my face and neck, but now I really dont know whats is happening.

Dolla

I suggest that you consult your gynaecologist for an examination, ultrasound and papsmear. It is possible that it is due to a hormonal change or due to pathology of the endometrium (thin lining of the wall of the uterus).