Question
Posted by: Dazza | 2009/11/02

Periods afta birth

Hi all, hope u r all fine.
I would like to know afta how long should one expect her periods afta birth. I did not get mine till now and my baby is going to be three months next week. I had sex last week without protections with hubby, we used withdrawal method. I m still breastfeeding, I m afraid that I might get pregnant, the thing is, I heard that if u r breastfeeding n did not get ur periods afta birth you wont get pregnant. Any experience on this?Please help. thnx!5

It is normal not to have periods while breastfeeding. What you have experienced is quite normal. Breastfeeding alone is not a safe method of contraception and you could fall pregnant.

2

If you are breastfeeding, it is normal not to have a period at all

If you don' t want to get pregnant, you should use protection / the mini pill because breastfeeding as contraceptive is NOT safe