Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2011/09/23

periods

Hi,please help me out on the question.i am 19 and i am having sex with my boyfriend.Can i fall pregnant while i have my periods.
Thanks.
Michelle.

Though not common, it is possible to fall pregnant when you have your periods. It may be that you have an irregular cycle, so the fact that you see bleeding does not mean that you have not ovulated. I would strongly recommend that you start family planning if you are not planning a pregnancy and that you also practice safe sex by using a condom.

2
Posted by: Nonni | 2011/09/23

There is no such thing as a safe time. Protect yourself, even when having your period.

You ovulate more or less half way through your menstrual cycle. If there is semen present that has not died, and the eggie and the sperm just both happen to be in the right place at the right time, you will fall pregnant.

Some women menstruate longer than others, rather dont takek any chances, that''s all I can say to you. Assumption is the mother of all............ babies

Reply to Nonni
Posted by: Sexologist | 2011/09/23

Reply to Sexologist