Question
Posted by: cj | 2011-06-14

periods

Hi doc, after my son was born the hospital put me on ovral. After I contacted my doctor she said that as I am breastfeeding I should be on microval. When I was on the ovral I had my periods every month the same time. After taking the microval I had spotting for one day (red blood) and then I had what it seemed like spotting (not much though) for the same amount of days that my period use to be, but I had the spotting (pink and then brown - seemed like old blood) a week after I should have had my period. I did two hometests and both were negative.
Can this be that my cycle has changed - I had a 28 day cycle. And is it normal not to have my period whilst on microval. My son is almost a year and still feeding 3-5 time a day. We ensured that we were save for the first month as I was on a different contraceptive.
Please advise.
Thank you.

It is normal not to have periods on Microval and intermittent spotting is also normal.

2
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-06-16

Posted by: cj | 2011-06-14

I had the one day spotting a week before I should have had my period. Could it have been a light period?

Reply to cj