Question
Posted by: Babs | 2010/07/29

Periods

Dear Dr

I really need your help. I am a 30yr old. I started having problems about 4 yrs ago with getting my monthly periods. I informed my GP and he assured me that i will have babies when i want to and don''t need to worry. About a year ago i then told my GP again that i am really worried about this and want my periods. She then advised that I use pills to balance my hormones, i used yasmin for a year. During that time i got my periods every month but as soon as i stopped, they stopped. I went to see a gynea who took test for my hormones and when they came back she said she does not see anything wrong and even when she checked the womb the it was the normal size and when i asked her what to do now she said there''s nothing that can be done i will have to wait till i am ready to have babies then see what we can do then.

Now i would like to start a family &  we haven''t used any kind of protection with my fiance for about a year now. I am worried and need advice.

thanks,

It sounds like you are not ovulating regularly. There are drugs that can stimulate ovulation. Your gynae will be able to advise on this.

1