Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2010/03/04

Periods

I am 47 years old and have never had a problem with my periods, being as regular as a clock. I have not been on any form of contraception for the past 10 years and have been extremely regular. But for the past few months I have started to have " problems" , starting late, very heavy flow and my last period was normal but I have started again a week later and am quite smelly - should I be concerned or is this just a once off.

It could be the hormone changes of the menopause but any irregular bleeding at your age should be investigated, so see your doctor.

2

Posted by: kan | 2010/03/04

I think it''s menaupause. I am not an expert but someone I know went through the same thing at that age and it was menaupause

Reply to kan