Posted by: Guji | 2009-02-13

In January I had my periods from the 2nd - 5th jan and had them the second time around from the 27th - 31st January. This is the first time I had periods twice in one month and the other thing is that I' ve been trying to have a baby but I' m struggling. Some1 told me that I' m too fertile thats why I had my periods twice a month.

Many women have a period at the beginning of the month and then near the end. You had a 25 day cycle and this is within normal limits. You don't say how long you have been trying to conceive. It can take up to a year for a normal healthy couple.

Posted by: Reeza | 2009-03-24

I had my period also at the beginning and then again nearer the end of the month...but I' m on the pill, triphasil. is this normal?

Reply to Reeza
Posted by: Guji | 2009-02-17

Hi Doc, I' ve been trying to conceive for the last year now &  nothing has happened &  I' ve done an HSG &  a Lapscope afterwards &  the results were OK and my gynae said I can start with the process of conceiving but nothing has happened to date. And one more thing my my last menstrual cycle was the the 28th January and I' m on my periods again from the 14th Feb to date. Is this normal.

Reply to Guji
Posted by: Guji | 2009-02-13

Thanks CE for your response

Reply to Guji
Posted by: CE | 2009-02-13

I also had my period from the 2-5 Jan and then again 28-31 Jan. I don' t think it means you are very fertile, it' s just a matter of how many days between your cycles (in your case it' s 26), and eventually, or every few months, it will fall twice a month.

Reply to CE