Posted by: Jen | 2009-09-14

Period vs Spotting

I used to have a regular cycle but this time it is very weird.
My cycle usually lasts for about 5 full days. I' m on day 3 now and since yesterday there was almost no blood and it is very pinkish of colour. Could it be spotting? What is spotting and why does it happen? I had all the normal pre-period signs but now it is as if I have no period. Should I take a preg test? Can the test show the correct results as early as about 2 to 3 weeks?

Spotting is light bleeding, usually between periods. It seems that you have had a lighter than normal period this time and it is possible that this is implantation bleeding, i.e. that you are pregnant. If the '"period'' came at the right time, you can do a pregnancy test now.