Question
Posted by: Shelley | 2010-10-22

Period very light

My husband and I have been trying for a baby. I have not been on contraceptives for a few years now and my husband and I started trying for a baby last month.

My period was 4 days late, however now I have started bleeding and I have been bleeding for 3 days. It is not like my normal period - it is pinky red colour and quite watery and it seems quite light - I change the tampon twice per day but only because I know you cant wear 1 tampon all day - but with this light flow I probably could because the tampon isnt even 1/2 stained. My mom said she had the same thing when she was pregnant with me and even bleed every month like that for 5 months.

When I normally have my periods it starts with a sense of fullness in my abdomen, then I get some cramping and lightish red bleeding, then it is a dark red flow with small liver like clots and ends lightish. I usually need to change my tampon at least 3 times per day in the middle of my period.

My question is, could I be bleeding and still be pregnant? When should I try a home pregnancy test to see if it is positive?

Shelley

What you describe, might be inplantation bleeding and I suggest that you consult your doctor for a blood test, to confirm if you are pregnant or not.