Posted by: Angel | 2009-08-27

Period staying away-what to do?

I always have a regular 28-32 day cycle, but this month it is just staying away. I am 25, i have kids, the youngest is 10mths and my cycle stayed normal after her birth. Husband had a vasectomy almost a year ago and his lab test proved the op was successfull, so i dont think i am pregnant. I am not on any contraceptives so that cant be the reason. I did a preg test on sunday which was negative. My last period was around the 9th of July. Should i just wait or is it neccesary to go and see my gp? I have slight cramps somedays but otherwise nothing.

Thank you for your time.

Dear Angel
You may have had an anovulatory cycle ( you may not have ovulated) - this can be due to stress, strict dieting, hormone imbalances, thyroid problems.