Question
Posted by: MegB | 2011-03-29

Period (s) after miscarriage??

Hi Doc.

I had a miscarriage in January at 5 weeks.

I had my follow up appointments and all was fine.

My first period after the m/c was like normal (25 day cycle, 2 days discharge, 2/3 days bleeding, no more than 5 days of period) however my second cycle as well as third have been so different.
Both started early (day 23), I have discharge for about 4 days and then I bleed for another 4/5 days, meaning my period is almost 9 days.(Not normal for me at all.)

I took an ovulation test last cycle about day 12/13 and it was positive. If I am now 23 day cycle, that means Im ovulating just after my period??

I am now really confused and wondering if I should be worried?

Please advise.

Cycles can be upset fror a couple of months after a miscarriage. It should settle down.

6
Posted by: Meg | 2011-04-01

Hi Yas
Also sorry for your loss, it is the MOST devastating experience!! I was shattered completely.

You say your first period was normal but it came 7 weeks after your MC. That is really long. thats 49 days, so you say that you''re on day 40 so maybe it will come in 9 more days. I would go and see your Gyn for a check up, they usually give you shot if you''re period hasn''t come in 6 weeks, I know this becasue it''s what my gyn said. I have spoken to a lot of friends and peopple who have MC and their periods normally come on day 28 after the day you started bleeding heavily (red blood) during your MC.
I would make an app. I know the frustration of wanting a baby so despertaely. Good luck. I am waiting for my second period but too afraid to test  ((((((( Dont have the courage!

Lots of love

xxxxxx

Reply to Meg
Posted by: Yas | 2011-03-31

Hi Meg B and Meg. Sorry for your losses. I also had a miscarriage and d & c early jan. 1st cycle was normal - came 7 weeks after d & c. I am now on 2nd cycle - day 40 and no period and negative pregnancy tests - I am crushed! I dont know whats up with my body. :((

Reply to Yas
Posted by: meg | 2011-03-30

Congratulations Mic that is awesome news and gives me HOPE! I wish you all the best in your last few weeks!!! Will wait a few more days, keep praying &  pinching my nipples every 2 minutes to check if they are sore  ) xxxx

Reply to meg
Posted by: Mic | 2011-03-30

Same happend to me, and it turned out I was pregnant. Had miscarriage after that period was normal then it played around i eventually did a preg test and I was 8 weeks preg already. I know the fear of not wanting a neg result aswell as " what if it happens again"  Im 30weeks preg now, and we both very healthy and strong. Goodluck!!!!

Reply to Mic
Posted by: meg | 2011-03-30

P.s I am very sorry for your loss  (

Reply to meg
Posted by: meg | 2011-03-30

I am in exactly the same boat, I ovulated day 14-15 (I know becasue I was at gynae for 6 week check up) except mine is late, I am now on day 30. Do you know if you always ovulate at the half way mark of your cycle. This is so frustrating and scared to do a preg test, i don''t think I can bare seeing one line!

Sorry I have been no help...I have tried researching cycles after a miscarriage but nothing really useful happens. Lets hope we get a reply!

Good luck!

Reply to meg