Posted by: Sue | 2009-04-09

period problem

I have had my period for most of this year. it will last 5 days then go away for 10 days at most and then return.
I havent been to see a DR yet because i am hoping it will rectify itself. However, I have been for a papsmear within the last two months, and my results came back as normal.
For the last week, when I have had intercourse I have had the most awful smell come from my vagina. What could this be from? I have no pain, no burning urine. Just the period problem. Otherwise I feel fine.
Can I buy something from the pharmacy to take internally to clear smell?

You need to ee a gynaecologist. Possible causes of your problems are infections, hormonal imbalance or uterine polyps. You can't just treat this with over the counter medication.