Question
Posted by: Brenda | 2013-01-07

Period Pains whilst Pregnant

Good day doctor.

My friend at work is 6 weeks pregnant she just told me that she keeps on getting like period pains and then it goes away again. Or she says it feels like she is keeping in a big wee. This happend last week Thursday and then again yesterday. This is her first pregnancy and she is 26 years old. Should she be alarmed or not?

No it is all normal.

1
Posted by: Lily | 2013-01-09

Im not an expert but i have had two pregnancies and was told that those period like pains are your womb expanding. Unless there is blood or the pain gets worse, there shouldnt be any cause for alarm. As for the bladder issue, this is also common int he first trimester.

She should go and see her gynae for peace of mind though.

Good luck.

Reply to Lily