Posted by: Chantal | 2009-09-02

Period pains and heavy bleeding

I' m 27 years old and have been getting my period since i was 8 years old. I' ve always had painful and heavy periods and have been to the doctor too many times to mention. i havent found medication that eases the pain or the heavy flow yet.

I' ve been on the patch for the last 3 years and since then the only thing thats changed is that i' m more regular and my period only lasts for 5 - 7 days. Before my cycle was VERY irregular and i would bleed for anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks.

My gynae did an internal scan in February and found nothing wrong.

The pain is unbearable and is almost debilitating. In addition to the stomach cramps i get diarhoea, nausea, headaches, back ache and leg pains.

Please help!

Have you tried Ponstan ot Myprodol?
The other possibility is that you have endometriosis. This can only be diagnosed by laparoscopy, so you should go back to your gynaecologist.

Posted by: Chantal | 2009-09-05

Yes i have tried both of those.

Reply to Chantal