Question
Posted by: WorryWort | 2011-11-24

Period pains

Hi Gynaedoc, hope you''re well today

I''m a 25y/o black female. I started my period around the age of 12, never had any children. From about my second period I got incredibly bad period pains, and they''ve been torturous for the past 12 years or so, and they seem to be getting worse. A gynae put me on Jasmin a few years ago for 3 months and it helped. I tried it again a few months ago and it didn''t work, besides, the side effects really messed me up.

My period pains usually start about 3 days before my period, and I end up having to take about 16 Myprodols a day...and they also make me sick (nausea, drowsiness etc). I went to a gynae to get it checked out and she said everything was normal, (did a scan and a pap smear), and she suggested i get a loop.

Should i go see another gynae or should i go ahead and get this loop thing? Besides removing my uterus and the loop, are there any other alternatives available in South Africa?

Thank You

You could try the Mirena loop or the injection.