Question
Posted by: Jenn | 2008-12-22

Period pains??

I just want to find out some info regarding period pains that I have and why it happens like this.

As soon as my period starts (on the exact moment) I start having period pains but only on day one for the whole day. The next day the pain is gone and it stays that way until the next month. About a week before my period my breast and under my arms it gets very painfull.

I would just like to know why do I only have period pains on day one? For me it is a good thing because then I know exactly when should be prepared, but is there something I can use for the pain?

I have also realised that if I take a disprin on day one the pain is gone but then I get the pain on day two. If I live with the pain on day one then I can be asured that I will be okay the rest of the cycle. Why do you think this is?

This is very common and is 'normal' period pains. It is due to uterine contractions from the hormonal changes at this time. Ponstan often works quite well. The tender breasts are also hormonal and quite normal.