Question
Posted by: Sheyaam | 2010/06/16

Period pain, pregnancy and recurring cyst!

I had my period about two weeks ago. However, I am experiencing some intense period pain, neasea and back ache lately. For the past 5 years I have been suffering from endometriosis, cyst etc, it comes and goes but is really painful! I have been married for 6 months now and have not been on any form of contraceptive, however we have failed to fall pregnant. My doctor advices me that I shoud try and fall pregnant as it sometimes cures all the cyst and growths etc, I have not been on a contraceptive because it makes me really neaseas and sick. I am not 100% ready to have a child, however I do not want to go on the contraceptive as it makes me really sick, I also dont want to not have a child as it might help me with my cyst etc. I dont know what to do. I am not falling pregnant etc.

Please, please advice, at this piont I do not know what to do anymore!

The pain may be recurrence of the endometriosis and you should have this checked out. I am not sure what you want advice on in terms of pregnancy. If you are worried that you have not fallen pregnant yet, then further investigations would be warranted. If you don't want a child yet, then using a contraceptive is the only answer, even if it is condoms.

1