Question
Posted by: abc | 2012-09-27

Period over a month late

I went off the pill in February  had a few irregular cycles, and then 3 x 28 day cycles. My husband and I started trying to conceive in August, and my period was due around the 23rd.
At one week late, I went for a blood test, which came back negative for pregnancy. I''ve taken about a dozen home pregnancy tests since, and all negative. I am now about 34 days late. I''ve had some occasional cramping which made me feel like I was about to get my period, but nothing so far. I have been fairly stressed, and I understand this can mess with my body, but how do I get back on track?

Do I go back to my GP, or straight to a gynae?

I suggest that you reconsult your doctor for blood tests and if you are not pregnat, he/she can prescribe a combination oral contraceptive for a period of three months, like Trigestrel, to normalise your periods.