Question
Posted by: Dolla | 2012/02/17

PERIOD ON 55

Hi doctor. I am 55 years old and has suddenly started menstruating. I never had children or a hysterectomy. I am divorced and have lived for at least 7 years silbaat. 10 years ago i stopped having periods. suddenly two years ago I got a normal period. The next year again. I went to the gynecologist everytime and she confirmed all is well. January 2012 and again today, exactly 28 days later again. I though i was in menopause as i was sweating a lot in my face and neck and now this. I do smoke and the docter said i am not a good canidate for hormone treatment.

Any bleeding after the menopause ( and you are menopausal) needs investigation. You should have a pap smear and a D&C.

1