Posted by: am i preg? | 2008-11-17

period like pains faint preg test

I had my last period on the 13th October and i have been having what feels like period cramps - all day - with no bleeding, i took a preg test and there was a really faint line - barely visible. If i am pregnant then is it normal to get cramps like period pains? When should i do another home test?

It is normal to have mild vramps in early pregnancy. Either repeat the home test or have a blood test.

Posted by: rosy baby | 2008-11-19

hi doc, i had my last period on the 20th of oct. and now i was had some cramping before on 16th and i started spoting on the 17 to 19, and the sporting is dark, could it be that i was pregnant before now, but in the afternoon of 19th i started seeing more blood than 18th. pls advice. hv a nice day.

Reply to rosy baby
Posted by: Madam | 2008-11-17

Yup, sounds like your' re preggies. My hpt also had faint line due to low hormone levels, which should increase in a couple of days. Do blood test and see your gynae.

Reply to Madam
Posted by: Dale | 2008-11-17

Hi there!

I experienced exactly the same - had terrible period pain and even spotted abit. Did the Home Test which was faint - went straight away for the bloods and its was a positive...

usually a line - even a faint one is positive - go do the blood test - then you will know for sure!

Good luck!

Reply to Dale
Posted by: FTM | 2008-11-17

Hi there,

if you are on a 28 day cycle your period was due last week... it' s very possible that you could be... :o)
Cramping is very normal in pregnancy as the uterus stretches to accommodate a growing baby...

To be double sure have a blood test done.

Good luck!

Reply to FTM