Posted by: Zoe | 2009-04-02

period like cramps - 6 weeks pregnant-

Good morning All

Please help.... I am so worried and so confused...
I had a misscarriage last year and am now 6 weeks pregnant...
I have alot of period like cramps... Should i be worried??
I havent been to my gynae yet, my gp took a blood test to confirm
please advise if i should see my gynae as soon as possible or is this norman....

It is normal to have mild cramps in early pregnancy. As long as there is no bleeding, it does not suggest a miscarriage. With your background though, you should see a gynaecologist soon.

Posted by: Nicky | 2009-04-02

Period like pains are 100% normal. It' s your ligaments stretching. As long as there is no bleeding then all should be fine. Congrats to you both.

Reply to Nicky
Posted by: Flygal | 2009-04-02

Hey Zoe

Firstly congratulations. I am also 6 weeks preggies, my second baby. I actually also had similar cramps and I actually bled abit(like 1 drop). Obviously I became worried, went to my GP and finally got an appointment with my gynae the next morning. everything was fine, she did a vaginal scan and everything seems fine, she told me the cramps are probably pressure on my bowels. She also put me on Oestrogen for 12 weeks. If you really concerned and considering you did have a miscarriage, maybe you should have a check up.

Reply to Flygal