Question
Posted by: Tash | 2011-09-28

Period hasn''t come. medication to blame?

Hi, do you know if it is the Androcur I am taking (50mg) which has taken my period away? I got all the usual pains the day before the period was supposed to start but now 3 full days into the silver section of the Minerva pack, there is no period and no pain. Does this have to do with Androcur and is it to say I will not have any periods while on this drug (I have at least five months to go still) Thanks. I am not s*xually active so pregnancy is excluded. by the way is there anything medically unhealthy about not having a period?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Tash

Androcur may indeed cause menstrual cycle irregularities. For this reason it is usually only taking during a certain stage of the menstrual cycle (i.e. day 1-10 of cycle). Do you take it everyday?

2
Posted by: bernadett | 2012-01-19

been on the two pills and no period after two cycles. is this a sign of pregnancy

Reply to bernadett
Posted by: pharmacist | 2011-09-29

Hi Tash

Reply to pharmacist