Posted by: Anon | 2009-02-23

Period has disappeared

I am only 38. In Aug 2008, I consulted with my gynae as my mood swings were terrible. I was biting everybody' s head off. This just got worse and I saw my GP in Nov and again the blood tests didn' t show anything. In Dec my period just stopped. I saw my gynae again who confirmed that I was not pregnant and blood tests showed that it was hormonal. I was taken off Mirelle and put on a tablet to bring back the period. I was told that as soon as the period returns, I must go back onto Mirelle. I cannot believe how calm I am not taking the Pill. I don' t even sweat so much anymore and no more " panic attacks" . I am therefore reluctant to return to the Pill. What are my options here taking birth control into account as well?

I am not sure what other reasons there were for you to be on Mirelle.\In terms of contraception, you could use either the injectable or IUCD.