Question
Posted by: Honey | 2008/08/04

Period gone weird since using Loette, PLEASE HELP!

Hi. I am 20 years old and currently using Loette as an oral contraceptive. I started using it last month on Day 7 of my cycle, after I had finished menstruating. I couldnt wait till day 1 of my cycle as I am on Roaccutane and pregnancy is therefore a no-no. A weird thing happened though, I had brownish bleeding for a few days, round about day 14 of my cycle. Didnt think anything of it, thought it was " spotting" . When taking the white, inactive pills on day 21-28, I only experienced a very light period. However, I am now on day 10 of my cycle and have experienced a very heavy period since this morning? What could be the cause? I am scared that I could be pregnant. I did have sex 3 months ago and the condom broke, however I took emergency contraception and havent missed a period since. I havent had sex during the past two months. PLEASE HELP!!

I think that this is all the result of starting the Pill when you did. It can take a couple of months for your body to adjust to it.