Posted by: Mom | 2009-07-30

Period at 11

My daughter just had her 1st period. She is 11 years old. I was the same age when mine began.

My mom put me in the pill to regulate it and I suffered no side effects (that I am aware of) from being on the pill from such an early age (although I did have cervical cancer at 21, related??)

What can I do to help her? I dont really want her on the pill so young.

There is no need to put her on the Pill had this stage unless her periods are very heavy and irregular.

Posted by: Cee | 2009-07-31

Hi Mom,

Im 23 years old and also started my period at a very young age. I started when I was 10. I only went on the pill when I was 16 - my mother was aware. I guess the best time to do so is when she starts showing interest in boys and when it seems to become serious! I think her body should first get use to the idea of having periods and that you should wait until it regulates.
Best of luck! :)

Reply to Cee